The beautiful Château in the middle of the vineyards was built by the monks of the Cîteaux abbey in the 12th century. It is now the headquarters of the "Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin" (the well-known wine society) and the setting for its prestigious banquets. Discover: a winery with 4 large wine presses, a big storeroom with pillars and lancet windows, a former dormitory of the monks and a deep well.
- Castles and Defense Sites
- Abbayes et sites cisterciens d'Europe
- Tour de France
- Trophées de l'oenotourisme
- Vignobles et découvertes
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)
- Temporary exhibitions
- Wireless service
- Film projection room
- Fully equipped meeting room
|Base rate - full rate adult||7,50€|
- American Express
- Credit card
- Payment cards
- Cheques and postal orders
- Eurocard - Mastercard
- Bank transfers
Special opening conditions
The Château du Clos de Vougeot is open every day from Monday to Sunday, from 9:30 am to 6 pm, without interruption
Self-guided and guided tours are offered every day. The capacity is set at 20 people for guided tours, and 20 people per time slot for self-guided tours.
During your visit, you will have access to the 12th century vat house, the Petit Cellier and the Grand Cellier where the film "Jamais en Vain, Toujours en Vin" (Never in Vain, Always in Wine) by the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin, narrated by Pierre Arditi, is now being shown, as well as to the well located in the Renaissance wing.
Due to the lack of space, we are temporarily forced to close the Renaissance kitchens and the monks' dormitory.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, a strict protocol has been put in place:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory throughout the visit to the castle.
- During the self-guided tour, a signposted route will help to avoid any misdirection. We ask everyone to respect these signs.
- Pedal-operated hydroalcoholic gel dispensers are also installed throughout the tour circuit.
- All staff are made aware of the need to regularly disinfect items in contact with visitors and are equipped with anti-spray visors
- Finally, our cleaning team works daily throughout the Château du Clos de Vougeot following visits.