South of Dijon, Chenôve was the first winegrowing town in the Côte-d'Or. The wine presses of the Dukes of Burgundy, in the heart of the old town, were entirely rebuilt in 1400, and over the centuries they were constantly under construction until 1926!
They have been listed in the supplementary inventory of historical monuments since 1934. Of the mobile counterweight wine presses, once widespread in Eastern France and Northern Europe, only the two Chenôve presses remain in situ, and they are among the most remarkable pieces.
- Industrial Site