Dijon, the capital of good taste and the art of living
On May 6th 2022, the doors to the International Cité of Gastronomy and Wine will open to the public. Just one kilometre from the historic centre of Dijon and the route des grands crus. The 6 hectares of the former Hôtel-Dieu which has been restored by a daring architectural renovation, will become the place for an out-of-the-ordinary experience between expositions; the Ferrary Paris Cooking School, the BIVB Burgundy Wine School, the food shops, the Gourmet Bookshop, the Experiential Cuisine of the Gastronomic Village, 9 cinema halls in Pathé, the Village start-up by CA, its engines Vitagora and the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté Foodtech…
Bon appétit and enjoy a good drink!
All visitors will be able to gather and mingle at the Cité to cultivate their skills, taste, practice cooking and oenology, take part in masterclasses and conferences, make the most of the boutiques, restaurants and a 4-star hotel, or attend film screenings. A wide range of itineraries are available to choose from for visitors in the spirit of maintaining an exceptional project that has been enriched by the strengthening of its original goal : to tell a story and bring to life the values o the “gastronomic meal of the French” and the “Climats du vignoble de Bourgogne” recognized by UNESCO.
Alice in the “city of wonders”!
Each week, Alice takes us with her to discover a part of this place who honors the gastronomic meals of the French.
10 good reasons to come to the Cité Internationale de la Gastronomie et du Vin
1. Enjoy a seamless experience that combines the secrets of the exhibitions dedicated to the gastronomic meals of the French with real culinary or tasting workshops.
2. Do some gourmet shopping in the dedicated boutiques at the Gastronomic Village
3. Discover niche culinary manga among over 10,000 culinary manga titles at the Gourmande Book shop.
4. Taste one of the 250 wines daily as a glass of wine is offered to you by the Cave de la Cité from among 3,000 bottled references, including 1,000 from Burgundy!
5. Gift your spouse a dinner with food and wine prepared by Eric Pras, the only 3-star Michelin chef in the Burgundy-Franche-Comté region, culinary director of the Epicure group in the Cité
6. Try your luck at the experiential kitchen in a chef showdown
7. Discover the adorabl Sainte-Croix de Jérusalem chapel built in 1459
8. Catch a movie in one of the nine Pathé cinema halls after devouring a locavore formula on the glass roof of the Bamagotshi dining bar
9. Thanks to the exhibition in the Grande Chapelle you can taste the vintage effect at the BIVB’s Burgundy wine school after having understood how much the historic centre of Dijon materialises the political impetus given to the formation of the Climats du vignoble de Bourgogne system, listed as a Unesco World Heritage Site
10 Enroll in the cooking or pastry courses at the Dijon campus of the Ferrandi Paris school for a life-changing experience